Tuesday 22 January 2008

Once upon a tag...


front back

I don't often say this, though it's often true, and in this case it's more true than ever.... this looks a lot better in the flesh than when photographed!!

This tag started out as something very different. My plan was to make some tags using predominantly PaperArtsy stamps. Once I got under way, (and I don't know if this ever happens to you, dear reader), it quickly developed a mind/voice of it's own, and I just went with it! I did manage to largely confine it to PaperArtsy stamps, though I did use a few others when my limited PaperArtsy collection didn't yield up the right images.

The jigsaw piece was created using the Batik technique I explored in my last posting. The splatter stamps were highlighted with glossy accents and the copper bookplate was distressed with espresso and a greenish dabber (I forget the name of the colour). A portion of the back of each side was decorated so that when the tag was torn and the edges held back by brads, they wouldn't be white.

The heart on the back of the tag was outlined with a Sakura Gold-Touch pen. The words "Love's Labours Lost" were printed out in brown from the PC, and stamped with an image in clear embossing ink, which was then allowed to dry to give a watermark effect. The fingerprint is the artist's own :o)

I hope you like it. Click on any image to enlarge it.

11 comments :

Anonymous said...

Its lovely Dan, I am in the process of playing with a tag myself but I don't get the lovely tones of colours you seem able to achieve!

Anonymous said...

i adore this tag, its great and look forward to seeing more, love Andrea x

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Wonderful Dan...and great colours!!

Angie C said...

Fantastic work of art Dan. The glossy accents really stand out too.

Shazza said...

WOW what stunning colours Dan- love the highlighted splatters
Shazza
x

Unknown said...

Tagtastic XXX

Bee said...

as always Dan these are stunning. Your blog is such an inspiring place to visit.
xx

Kristen said...

I'm in love with this tag!

CraftyC said...

They've got the WoW factor Dan!!
Clairexx

Ruth said...

Oh wow Dan, your blog is amazing and your work is stunning!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Great work, the tags are just perfect!

Related Posts with Thumbnails